Stretch marks, striae, are caused by rapid stretching of the skin and resulting breakdown of skin’s structural proteins collagen and elastin. Stretch marks commonly result from pregnancy, rapid growth spurts as in puberty, steroid use, significant weight gain, and increased muscle development in body builders.
Early stretch marks are often red, purple, or pink in color, mature striae are white, depressed, irregularly shaped bands.
The following treatments improve stretch marks by refining skin texture and eliminating unwanted redness:
- Injection of semi-permanent collagen biostimulators like hyperdiluted Radiesse (calcium hydroxylapatite) and/or
- Sculptra (polylactic acid) to re-contour and lift to restore lost volume and skin irregularities to smooth out skin contour, reduce dimpling and stimulate new collagen synthesis within skin. One can think of biostimulatory fillers as “seeds” for collagen stimulation.
- FIBROBLAST THERAPY with PLASMA PEN
- Plasma Pen is the most advanced, non-invasive, skin lifting, skin tightening and rejuvenation device used to treat both white and red stretch marks by stimulating production of collagen and elastin in the skin
- MICRONEEDLING RADIOFREQUENCY (RF) VIVACE, GENIUS
- Minimally invasive procedure that uses radiofrequency energy to precisely deliver heat into the deeper layers of the skin for new collagen stimulation. Ideal for both red and white stretch marks.
- Bio-stimulatory peptides stimulate collagen to restore volume and antioxidants and amino acids create an anti-inflammatory effect that encourages healing and optimal rejuvenation
- PERFECTA V-BEAM VASCULAR LASER, IPL
- Normalizes redness, reduces broken blood vessels
- Perfect for treatment of red striae
- PRP (PLATELET RICH PLASMA)
- Cutting-edge therapy that harnesses the body’s own growth factor-rich platelets, injected or micro-needled into the skin for optimum repair
- RESURFACING LASER TREATMENTS
- Clear & Brilliant Non-Ablative Resurfacing, Fraxel DUAL Non-Ablative Resurfacing, Coolpeel CO2 Resurfacing, Lumenis UltraPulse CO2 Ablative Resurfacing
- Stimulates new collagen synthesis for a radiantly smooth complexion
- Promotes skin repair and regeneration
- Minimizes the appearance of stretch marks
- Non-invasive, no “down-time” ultrasound lift that stimulates new collagen and elastin synthesis deep within the skin’s structural support
- The only device approved to lift sagging skin
To learn more about your stretch marks treatment options, request a consultation online or call our office at 646 759 8449 to schedule an appointment.